Some things I wish I could go back in time and tell myself in 2004:
- Nothing will turn out the way you think, but it will turn out even better.
- This is the most self-indulgent time you’ll ever have – act like it!
- Savor every minute with your girlfriends.
- Watch Veronica Mars!
I know, one of these things is not like the other. And sure, I was eyeball-deep in graduate school and everything that came with it in the fall of 2004, meaning television didn’t happen very much for me then. Plus there was a certain World Series that October. But this show!
8.5 years after its debut, I’m loving:
- The always-adorable Kristen Bell as a spunky Nancy Drew type
- Quick wit and funny writing
- The high/low plot point mix
- Awesome father/daughter relationship
- Amazing cameos from then-unfamous actors
- A great heart
- Hilariously bad lighting
And yeah, this is also me deciding that blogging at all is better than blogging importantly. Enjoy!