- Could the Austrian Christmas markets possibly live up to expectations?
- How rewarding is a Winter Wonderland-style vacation if you are not a ski bunny?
- What, exactly, does one wear in Paris in December?
That's right, folks... we're spending Christmas in Europe!
We're bursting with excitement about this trip, which is the perfect mix of romance and family and practicality.
- Romance: Three nights in Paris, just us. Not a piece of cheese or cup of hot chocolate left in my wake.
- Family: Visiting T's awesome sister and her equally awesome husband, who live in Austria during hockey season.
- Practicality: Seeing our brother-in-law play hockey professionally, which we have somehow still never done. And not that the clock is ticking on how much longer he'll be playing, but you know... tick tock.
We're thrilled. And the great thing about spending half the trip in Salzburg and Linz with locals is that we can let our hosts be hosts, and focus on planning the Paris portion of the trip. Which leads me to ask the following questions:
- Have any of you ever visited Paris in winter?
- Do you have a Paris hotel recommendation?
- What are your must-see's and do's, keeping winter weather in mind?
- What in the world should I pack?
- What are your must-eats? (the fun question!)
PS: Perhaps the promise of future posts labeled "Eurotripping" will guilt me into finishing the recaps of A&A's wedding trip... a year and a half ago. Oops! I really can't believe I still haven't written about my favorite part of Prague.